
Well we feel we need to start off by THANKING all of the many family, friends, and neighors who have done so much for our family this past few months. And we rally mean EVERYONE even if it is just a phone call it has meant a lot. For those who may or may not know we recently found out Jake's dad has Lymphnoma Cancer. When you hear the word CANCER it makes you think of all the people who are fighting it or have beat it! Which at least is a great thing. We know it is stage four and going to be his test to fight and a struggle to overcome, but if I have ever met a more stuborn man who is set in his ways it is Kim. Although he can use that to his advantage. It has been a struggle for them to know what and how to tell Wes where he is currently serving a LDS mission in New Zealand. I think now that Wes is able to be in touch and keep up with the details he has been a strength to them in a time of need. They recently gave a blessing to Kim before one of his surgeries and we were able to have Wes on speaker phone to listen. He later gave a prayer that had us all moved to tears. The spirit was so strong and you could tell Wes is very in tune, and close to our Heavenly Father. I can't tell you how much we appreciate the ward, family, and friends who have not only done things for Shelley and Kim but for us as well. Just the simple call to say they are thinking of him and that we are in thier prayers. It is amazing. He has been having good days along with the bad but one thing is for sure he is one TOUGH cowboy!!!
Hey girl!! we just found out about Kim, we are very sorry, and your family is in our prayers. I am so glad that I found your blog. Please keep us posted on your father inlaw. By the way this is wanda. I am private, but would love to invite you. I won't give any info over blog ya know, but we will get in touch!!
ReplyDeleteI was so surprised when I saw your comment on my blog! How did you find me? Any way, your blog is very cute- it's fun to see the photos of your side of the family. Your parent's kitchen turned out fabulous- you kids should be very proud of your gift. I know your Mom loves it. Hey- if you want to participate in my give-away, go back to my blog and leave me a note. If not, I understand- you're kind of busy right now! Zelma says Kim is getting ornery so maybe that means that the infection is on the mend.
ReplyDelete